Friday, September 14, 2012

latest hobby

Lately I had a new hobby, and of course, it's related to my interest, which is reading Light Novel. Last time I only read manga and didn't read light novel at all because it has too many words and only few illustrations. During my primary school days, I did read some detective novels in Chinese, because after watching Detective Conan, I'm interested in detective. However, those few novels are the only novels that I started to read on my own. After that, during secondary school, although I did read some novel, but those are because it's compulsory for me to read due to school and tuition center syllabus. Lately, I start reading light novels because of Sword Art Online. Currently, the anime is still at episode 10. I started to read Sword Art Online light novel when episode 7 of the anime, because I wanted to know the story so badly and the anime had to wait week by week. I spent 2 weeks time to read from volume 1 to volume 10. I read the chinese translated version of Sword Art Online light novel. At first I start reading with english translated one, but I realized I'm reading quite slow, so I try to read the chinese one and turn out that my reading speed for chinese is quite fast. However, I still had to refer to the english one for characters, items and places name because the chinese translated name are direct translation from the katakana of the original light novel, which is quite weird. After finish reading the latest volume of Sword Art Online, I know I had to wait for a long time for next volume to release and be translated.

However, I didn't stop. I continue look for other light novels that I'm interested for a long time but never touch. Firstly, I read Kizumonogatari from the Monogatari series by Nishio Ishin. After that, I wanted to continue on other Monogatari series like Nekomonogatari, Kabukimonogatari, Hanamonogatari and others, but somehow I didn't. The next one I read is To Aru Majutsu no Index. Actually I wanted to read this before starting Kizumonogatari, but I gave up because To Aru Majutsu no Index has 22 volumes. After that, I checked the title of the volumes and chapters of those volumes and found out that the 2 season of To Aru Majutsu no Index actually covered 13 volumes of light novels. Therefore, I decide to skip the 13 volumes and start on 14, although I know I will missed many details in the front 13 volume, because in anime, they will not include all detailed information of the light novel in it. I'm sure about it after comparing the story of Sword Art Online anime and light novel. I took quite long to read volume 14 and until now still haven't complete because I keep pause and totally forget about it.

Yesterday, I finally start watching Accel World anime. Previously I did not want to start this series because from the PV of Accel World, I saw the main character, Haruyuki and I don't really like the look of the character, which is the main reason I didn't watch. However, since I started reading Sword Art Online, I know that both Sword Art Online and Accel World are written by the same author, Kawahara Reki (川原 礫), so I assume Accel World story should be as excited as Sword Art Online, and I started to watch the series. I finished 22 episodes of Accel World within one night. 23 episode will be air on this Saturday, and I think 24 will be the last episode. After watching 22 episode, I start to read the light novel. I quickly browsed through the first few volume, confirmed the story are included in the anime and I skipped. 23 episode story should be in the middle of volume 4, so I started to read volume 4 from the beginning. Currently I reached volume 6, and I assume I can read till the latest volume, which is volume 12 by next week.

Okay, that's all. Actually I just wanted to blog about my new hobby of reading light novel, but didn't expect that I will write a long essay about it. Well, suddenly many things appeared in my mind and I just type all out. Sorry for the long post, I don't mind if someone "TL;DR", since my blog is not really meant to show other people, it's just like my diary.

here's some websites for reading light novel
Baka-Tsuki (English)
SF轻小说 (Chinese)
迷糊轻小说 (Chinese)

No comments:

Post a Comment