Sunday, December 30, 2012

Comic Fiesta 2012

This post has been pending in my draft for so long, finally I'm gonna complete and post it today.

Comic Fiesta, the most important ACG event of the year in Malaysia. This year is the 10th year of Comic Fiesta. I started attending Comic Fiesta since 2008 till now, every year I went for both day except last year which something unexpected happened.

This year's CF venue is same with last year, which is KLCC Convention Center. As usual, I will be driving there myself because it will be more convenient for me to arrive and leave anytime without waiting for LRT. As usual too, I park at the parking lot at Jalan Perak, just beside Wisma UOA 2. I just need to walk across the road and it's KLCC Convention Center's entrance. Every time there is event at KLCC Convention Center, I will be parking my car there because it's per entry, instead of parking in KLCC where the parking rate increases every hour. The parking price there is RM10 per entry as I remembered, but this time it's RM8 on Saturday and RM5 on Sunday. Normally I will go CF 30 mins before the gate opening time, but on Saturday, I reach there kinda late, around 10.15am because I woke up kinda late. Yesterday night went out yumcha with my RO buddies - 1 came from Kampar for CF, 1 came from Singapore for CF and 1 going back Singapore today. We had few hours of blow water session at Steven's Corner Setapak until late night.

So on day 1, I reached around 10.15am, the gate already opened for awhile. I already bought my early bird ticket last few months ago during AniManGaKi, so I do not need to queue for tickets this year. There's a lane for people who already had tickets, so I went into the hall quickly and smoothly. I around the hall for few rounds, bumped into some friends. Then I went to Culture Japan booth to queue for the touch n go card. Just when I'm almost reaching the booth, they announced that the touch n go card is sold out. Then I continue to walk around. Around 2pm I went back to the stage for Danny Choo's Culture Japan session. After that I continue walk around and bumped into other friends. Today I also brought some of my YUI albums to lend my friend to rip. so whole day I just keep walked with my friends until I bump into other friends and keep repeating. I didn't plan to buy other stuffs, so the doujin booth don't really attract me, but my friends spent a lot there, literally. I also met many friends who cosplay. Around 7pm, we quickly went for dinner and went back there because it's bless4 concert soon! The concert was so awesome, the songs were great even though I've never heard them before! Before the concert ends, all the audiences went up to the stage and high-5 with all bless4 members!

On Day 2, nothing much special happened. The best part is the stage performance in the morning by Mystical Mirage. After that I just simply walk around and bump into different cosplay friends. Didn't really take any photo in both day.

In the 2 days of Comic Fiesta, I only bought the movie tickets of Naruto and Fairy Tail movie. The movie will be aired at Cathay Cineplex, e@Curve on 5th January. Other than that, I did not spend any money in the convention center.

No comments:

Post a Comment